Last week, Socedo hosted a webinar about creating meaningful trust on social media by connecting with the right prospects, asking the right questions, and keeping CTAs clear and consistent. Whether a Twitter DM is the beginning of a long conversation, an offer to download content, or an opportunity to collaborate with your brand, social media can create personal, one-to-one engagement, on a large scale.
Elliott Brown is an experienced marketer at Visually, a cloud-based collaboration platform that helps companies connect with designers, writers, and developers to create engaging and beautiful content. As a content-centric company, Visually relies on their blog as an important channel to reach their audience. To begin forming relationships, Elliott decided to try Socedo to find experienced marketing professionals who would be interested in guest writing on the Visually blog.
Elliott knew Socedo could help him find his audience, but he followed a few best practices to truly scale his efforts:
- He used broad bio keywords to capture all experienced marketers, but he input specific conversational keywords to bring only the most relevant leads.
- In his direct message, he used a simple CTA: “Want to guest blog about any of your big ideas?”
- Elliott A/B tested his DMs, one with a general message and one with a specific message to fill out the guest blogger form. This second message performed the highest.
- To scale his outreach, he included a link to a landing page.
- His DM is personal, but it also gets straight to the point. Influencers and executives might not have time to learn everything about your business, but they do appreciate a useful link when it comes around.
- His landing page is full of relevant info and matches his direct message CTA clearly. However, the form is simple and easy to fill out.
- Based on the data Socedo provides, Elliott can find relevant prospects to follow up with once they enter his system.
When the leads starting flowing in, Elliott found more than he bargained for. One of the two DMs he was A/B testing received a 38% click-through rate! And overall, his messages had a 20% response rate. More importantly, Elliott was driving qualified marketing professionals to his landing page and filling his pipeline with guest bloggers that he might not have found otherwise.
“Socedo makes it super simple (and scalable) to do authentic outreach on Twitter,” Elliott said. “From perfecting the messaging to measuring results, Socedo gives me everything I need to crush it.”
See how you can connect with your audience with a free trial of Socedo, and take a few tips from Elliott’s playbook along the way: create a clear message with a consistent CTA.