As a social media marketer trying to grow your company’s Twitter presence. You’re probably wondering if there’s a particular strategy you need to implement to get more qualified leads from this specific channel.
Since I’ve managed Socedo’s social media presence – Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook – for the past year, I’ve discovered that the time I spend each day sharing content, replying to mentions and Direct Messages, plus retweeting others’ content, contributes a significant portion of new leads towards our business.
So how I do I do it? Let me break it down for you:
Sharing and Scheduling Relevant Tweets
Nowadays, Twitter users are sophisticated and selective about whom they interact with. It’s not enough to just post tweets whenever you feel like. Instead, use analytics to figure out the best times to post your tweets. Also, consider spacing out your tweets so that you’re providing your audience with consistent content.
Here at Socedo, I use Oktopost to schedule out tweets for Socedo’s Twitter handle. Scheduling tweets frees up my time, which I can spend on crafting messages to create a stronger brand voice, without having to worry about tweeting throughout the week.
Oktopost works by letting you manage your own social editorial calendar. You simplify by choosing a social profile or handle, pick the time range you want posts to go out, and the social networks you want to publish to. Oktopost can automatically generates the schedule for you.
Oktopost also provides a great space to arrange, classify and organize the content I’m planning to post.
The quality of content you share makes a big difference in terms of fostering engagement and building a brand your target audience wants to associate with.
On Socedo’s Twitter, I share articles that our target audience of B2B marketers would appreciate. About 75% of the content I post are resources – ebooks, webinars, and blog posts – from Socedo. The other 25% are articles from reputable publications in the B2B marketing space. I make sure that every post has a call to action, comes with an attention-getting photo and includes popular hashtags used by our target audience.
For maximum retweets and mentions, I’ve found that posts that go out on Mondays through Thursdays and posts that go out on Sundays have higher click through rates. Posts that go out on Fridays and Saturdays have lower click through rates. The best times to schedule tweets for B2B companies are during work hours, 9-5pm, but 7pm – 9pm are good times too, as a lot of people go online during that time range.
Using Socedo to proactive reach out to leads
Instead of manually going through Twitter timelines and doing my own research, I use our own software to help me comb through relevant tweets, hashtags and networks of influencers to discover qualified social leads to engage with.
I use Socedo to send out personalized, yet automated DMs for our target audience, linking to our free trial, whitepapers and webinars to start conversations with our target audience who follow our handle.
I personally reply to all follow-up questions and comments that I receive. Replying people in an authentic way is important because it lets people know that a real person at Socedo is paying attention. Replying back also gives me another opportunity to interest people in what Socedo has to offer, especially if people didn’t take action in the first DM I sent.
But replying to every message takes time. Especially having to bounce from notification to notification with each message, manually on Twitter. To help me, I use Sprout Social to keep track of all questions and responses in one place. This way, I don’t miss any messages and can quickly respond to people.
Sprout Social brings all of my incoming messages from multiple social profiles into a single stream. In addition, it saves a history of every interaction I’ve ever had with each individual. These features help me save time and focus on the important messages I need to address.
Consider designating someone to be take the lead in building up your social media presence. By investing time consistently and taking a proactive approach to engaging with your prospects, you’ll make social media an effective source of quality leads.
Start engaging with your target audience on Twitter today with a free trial of Socedo.