Based out of Palo Alto, Branch Metrics is an industry leader in providing deep linking technology for mobile app developers. Their partners include Pinterest, iHeart Radio, Instacart, Flipboard, Microsoft, and Redfin.
Branch Metrics started using Socedo to attract app developers to their main Twitter handle. They chose Socedo’s platform because it facilitates real and organic conversations between Branch and the people they want to reach. After seeing the growth on followers and leads for the account, they decided to open multiple accounts to target different audiences and focus on various social strategies.
Here are a few ways Branch used Socedo accounts to increase engagement and improve their bottom line.
Branch first expanded their use of Socedo through simply creating new accounts for key employees as well as their branded handle:
- Branch Metrics (branded account). The outreach for Branch’s main branded handle is focused on attracting mobile developers, interacting with followers, and building a reputation as a thought leader in the mobile app industry.
- CEO. This Twitter handle is personalized and branded by Branch Metric’s CEO. The target audience outreach for this account is focused on PR, connecting with other CEOs and enterprise clients, and getting feedback on Branch’s offerings.
But the outreach didn’t stop there. AC Ingersoll, Branch’s Marketing Manager, states that various employees run different accounts and each DM sent is custom made to fit each target audience.
“It’s up to each team to manage their accounts. You get out what you put in. But we do wish we had more time to put into Socedo because the potential is amazing and gives an opportunity for success.”
In order to plug into more of Socedo’s potential, AC decided to use various accounts to expand beyond lead generation and deepen Branch’s social strategy.
In addition to creating outreach campaigns for each handle, Branch also used Socedo accounts to create different types of campaigns. With each account, they came up with different ways to attract users’ attention, get responses and convert people into customers.
- Nurture Account. This account was created when Branch’s other accounts created too many qualified leads to interact with. This happy problem inspired a new account in which the same target keywords were used on the same branded account, but the messaging sent promoted content or started a conversation rather than encouraging immediate conversions. The nurture campaigns made it easy to converse with users and created positive and useful DM responses.
- Targeting iOS 9 Users. One campaign that helped Branch create valuable engagement was during the time when Apple’s iOS 9 for the iPhone and iPad was released. Branch took advantage of iOS 9’s publicity and created content directly related to it. They then used Socedo to target people who were talking about iOS 9, shared their relevant content, and started some extremely relevant and valuable conversations.
- Connecting to exported leads. Branch used Socedo’s lead export to receive email addresses from Twitter followers. They then used each lead as an opportunity to connect creatively with potential customers.“Before we had the export tool on Socedo, the customer success manager manually exported our leads. But now, with access to all the info I have, I can do more work on my end too,” – Ingersoll
- Promotion. Branch created a $10k Mobile Growth Challenge to give people a chance to register, integrate to Branch, run a mobile experiment, measure growth, create a video and possibly win $10k. They decided to update their DMs in order to relate more to promote registration. The messaging moved people to register for the challenge, learn about Branch, and become customers. Genius!
- Integrating Learnings. Branch created different DMs to test out on how users would respond to them. The lessons they learned about how to communicate with customers translated into onsite content changes as well as social messaging.
Branch continues to expand their uses of Socedo with various accounts. Each product announcement requires a Socedo account to send out DMs to help spread the word to new prospects. They also continue to use customer feedback from DMs to learn about customer needs and help improve their product.
“We saw better results from DMs when promoting content rather than just the homepage. Because of these results, it helped inform decision on how to build out our blog content and push out more dms than I would have ever been able to.” – Ingersoll.
When Branch tested other lead generation tools for their goals, they realized that nobody does targeted, personal communications quite like Socedo. They found value in having multiple accounts and saw how accessible and easy it was to do all the work with just one tool.
Branch trusted us with their marketing strategies, and so should you. Let Socedo help you target multiple audiences for truly great results.